The purpose of the Sales Account Executive position is to meet and exceed sales objectives in the assigned territory by promoting and selling outdoor advertising to qualified advertisers. An Account Executive is expected to use professional sales techniques, build relationships and develop long term advertising relationships that grow our client advertising sales.
• Meet and exceed sales targets, make at least 10 sales calls per day of which 2 calls are new business.
• Target every business within their assigned territory / account list, visit each established clients and our competitors client at least once per month. Identify potential growth areas and open new accounts.
• Become proficient in the use of computer tools to locate Co-op prospects, follow-up on Hot Leads, prepare proposals and research.
• Prepare written presentations , reports and proposals, become an active team member of the company, become an active member of the advertising community.
• Develop presentation skills utilizing the computer tools and present to clients on a regular basis.
Maintain accounts receivable. Continually develop new product knowledge and acquire better selling skills.
• Keep abreast of competition- particularly newspaper, radio, TV, cable and yellow pages.
• Actively participate in sales meetings, regional meeting, seminars and trade shows.
• Plan each day, week and month before the month starts, plan each call.
• Maintain a professional sales appearance.
• Use sales tools, complete daily planners/sales program after each call and at the end of the day.
• Maintain organized up to date records of clients and sales activity.
• Ensure your automobile has a near and professional appearance.
• Maintain client profiles, be prepared to submit daily planners, call reports, sales plans, forecasts and expense reports on a timely basis.
• Follow up on all clients production orders and insure campaigns begin and end as the client requested. If any problem exits, AE will communicate immediately with the client and manager to find solution.
• Agree to check lights etc on a regular basis when called upon.
• Use technology to save time.
• Analyze and monitor personal sales data and reports.
• Operate within your expense budget
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to make oral presentations to provide information or explain policies and procedures.
• Skill in speaking with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
• Working knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to explain the outdoor advertising business to customers and account executives from installation and production standpoints.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
• Working knowledge of general sales techniques.
• Ability to cold call businesses.
• Ability to be intrinsically motivated to succeed and withstand rejections.
• Skill in working Independently and following through assignments with minimal directions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Current and Valid Drivers License
• College Degree Preferred
• Previous sales experience required