The Accounting Analyst is responsible for performing a variety of accounting duties, preparing and managing monthly and quarterly account reconciliations, and owning the accounting for fixed assets.
- Accurately prepare and book monthly journal entries, including prepaids, accruals and investments
- Diligently prepare various balance sheet account reconciliations, obtain the necessary detailed transactions for the account and investigate and correct reconciling items
- Meticulously review account reconciliations submitted by various departments to ensure accuracy and correcting all detected errors or omissions
- Manage the accounting for fixed assets, including but not limited to creating fixed assets in the sub ledger, calculating and applying depreciation, ensuring accuracy of the schedule and reconciling the fixed asset in progress account
- Prepare bank account entries that are accurate and up to date
- Methodically review accounts payable entries to ensure accuracy of reporting
- Take pride in preparing various monthly financial reports and adhoc reports that support business decisions
- Relish at the opportunity to support new projects that add value to the organization
- Perform other duties we may need you to do
- Candidate must speak fluent english
- Reside in Puerto Rico metro area.
- At least 3 years of experience in accounting firm. accounting analyst, accounting, bookkeeper, etc
- CPA a plus, not required.