The role would be responsible for strategically conducting joint business planning with buyers, category managers and other key stakeholders to drive positive volume and profit growth.
The Business Development Manager leads with an insights to execution mindset utilizing cross-functional resources, insights, and data sources with a general understanding of market place dynamics and customer strategies and initiatives to deliver superior execution and profitable net sales growth. Building influential customer relationships cross functionally and developing strong partnerships with internal Business Unit Sales and Brand Team stakeholders are critical to success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Solid financial acumen and ability to manage a P&L, and apply fact base decision-making to drive positive solutions for the company and the retailer. Ability to deliver targets within approved trade spending budgets.
- Negotiation skills - successful candidate will be able to negotiate full year Joint Business Plan, while continually looking for incremental, profitable opportunities. Tracking, monitoring and reporting against in-year JBP progress will be paramount.
- Ability to develop a joint business plan and differentiated solution for the retailer.
- Analytical skills and curious mindset to story tell using insights supported with facts and data. Compare data from different sources to systematically break down business processes, situations/conditions utilizing available data, information, technologies and resources to identify key issues, gaps and relationships to render data driven decisions/recommendations.
- Digital acumen to continue to build out Com opportunities and changing commerce trends.
- Forecasting skills - Strategically analyze and interpret customer trends and demographic data to project short-term forecasts of 3-5 years for future demand action plans.
- Dedication to inspire Talent to successfully achieve Sales and departmental objectives/quotas, and generate improvement ideas to drive achievement objectives beyond requirements.
- Strong ability to concisely communicate orally and in writing precisely to individuals and groups, and influence corporate Brand groups and Champions; consistent engagement in person with Directors, Vice Presidents and Category Managers at customers.
- Ability to adapt and support the organization through times of change.
- Ability to assess business views strategically and make recommendations and influence multiple levels of internal and external customers to drive change.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve results and influence without authority.
- Working knowledge of supply chain operations to leverage for driving results.
- Ability to operate and use telephone, computer/laptop and other technological devices/software programs to communicate with other people.
- Ability to proficiently use and perform key functions of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word software programs.
- Ability to travel via aircrafts, and operate and drive motor vehicles for business travel, with valid driver license.