Full Job Description
Our Client, a PR/Caribbean leading and fast growing distributor of frozen seafood, is looking for a highly motivated individual to lead our quality and food safety programs. Reporting directly to the President, this position will work closely with the logistics team to ensure regulatory compliance, product integrity and drive process improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Serve as the primary contact for all quality, food safety and regulatory issues and maintain relationships with NOAA, FDA, DMR, MSC and other relevant licensing and governing bodies
- Develop and manage the company’s Quality Assurance systems, including documentation and auditing processes (including third party audits)
- Maintain and ensure compliance of qualified HACCP and SQF programs
- Analyze QA data to measure, assess, and improve product quality performance
- Ensure the effectiveness of the master sanitation and pest control programs for the facilities
- Communicate compliance results to operating groups, ensuring timely feedback and provide technical support to operate processes at target
- Maintain a Quality and Product Safety System that consistently meets regulatory, customer, and third-party audit requirements.
- Perform internal audits that provide unbiased, independent review of systems and processes
- Conduct monthly team safety meetings
- Must have extensive knowledge of HACCP, GFSI-SQF, GMP or similar programs
- Ability to prepare written reports for management, recapping issues and corrective actions relating to facility food safety, and product quality
- Experience in the food industry is preferred, but not required
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to support multiple complex projects in a fast-paced, team orientated environment
- Professionalism in a casual work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to pass a TSA background/security check
Our client offers an industry leading compensation package, including medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, life/disability insurance, and more.
Location: Guaynabo, PR