Our client is looking for an experienced auditor who is passionate about working with nonprofit organizations. Their clients are small and medium-sized nonprofits who are advancing important missions in various communities.
Our client is a growing CPA firm that performs audit and tax services exclusively for nonprofits. Like our clients, we believe that passion and education for those we serve are critical components to a fulfilling career. We prioritize work-life balance and do not have inflexible tax season hours. We offer competitive benefits including a transparent bonus, health insurance, retirement and ample paid time off. If you are looking for a non-traditional CPA firm experience, this is an opportunity for you.
Work closely with The Company principal and clients to perform client engagements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preform and complete attestation engagements
• Prepare client deliverables: financial statements, tax returns and required audit communications
• Present audit finding to client leadership
• Proactively communicate with client staff and firm personnel.
• Proactively provide expertise on a range of nonprofit issues with client staff.
• Commitment to continual learning and improving of technical skills regarding nonprofit organization accounting and tax issues.
• Ability to work independently on assignments
• Strong time management, organizational abilities, attention to detail, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong oral presentation and writing skills
• At least five year of public accounting experience performing audit engagements and preparing IRS Form 990s.