Direct Support Professional
The position is based in Massachusetts, USA.
Be part of one of the largest health and human services organizations in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Endless opportunities for professional growth.
Direct Care Professionals are an integral part of a professional team responsible for assisting each individual to live a safe, enjoyable life in their community with opportunities to learn and to exercise increasing independence and control over their lives.
Our client, a world-class non for profit organization, is looking for highly motivated, responsible, and organized individuals to work as Direct Support Professionals.
Direct Support Professionals
provide assistance to disabled clients or to people recovering from serious illnesses. Examples of Direct Support Professional tasks include helping patients with daily activities, accompanying them to doctor appointments, cooking and serving meals, performing light housekeeping duties, running errands, and providing companionship. The ideal candidate should showcase in his or her resume the following assets: stamina, physical fitness, observation spirit, effective communication, attention to detail, and proactivity. Based on our collection of example resumes, no formal education is required for this role, but first aid training and CPR certification represent an advantage.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Driver’s License (2-3 years and Clean Driving Record)
- 2 Employments References
- Previous Landlord Reference
- Passionate about helping others
- Must speak English
- Willing to Relocate*
* Relocation assistance provided.
- Starting Base Salary~> $14 p/hr, 40 hrs p/wk + Over Time
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Plans
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Vacation Cash-Out Option
- Paid Holidays
- Personal Days
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Tax-Deferred Annuity/403b Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Tuition Reimbursement/Remission
- Professional Conferences and Seminars
- Employee Recognition and Service Awards
- Corporate College and e-Learning Opportunities
- Emerging Leaders Program
- Professional Development Opportunities/Career Paths
- President's Fund for Staff Emergencies
- Employee Holiday Giving Tree
- HOUSING (75% paid by employer / 25% paid by candidate)
- Travel Stipend $250
- Travel Expenses (Plane ticket & ground transportation)